Process improvement project - Looking at candidates -
In and Out of Frame
This tool is a simple visual technique to help teams and stakeholders get a clear picture of what is included in the scope and what is not.
It may cover customer and market segments, products and services, processes involved, people affected, computer systems involved, type and extent of the improvement results that are expected.
You can use this as an early team meeting to clarify what is already drafted in the Project Charter:
1. Draw a picture frame on a flipchart
2. The various issues are brainstormed and written on post-its
3. Place the post-its in the most appropriate area (red areas in example)
4. Review and discuss the issues as a team
5. The items will either be moved to In Frame (in scope) or Out of Frame (outside the scope). The Champion or Process leader/facilitator is helpful here to clarify the items Up For Discussion which were not clearly in the green area.